"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friends

A couple of weeks ago, our friends threw us a surprise baby shower. I thought we were just meeting for our usual Thursday night dinner, which I look forward to all week. My first thought after seeing the balloons and decorations was "Who's birthday is it?" But once I saw the two large baby balloons, I knew this party was probably for us. :) I've discovered that pregnancy affects your brain in funny ways: forgetting things, locking yourself out of the house, slower to pick up on what's going on, etc. If all you other ladies who have had babies do not know what I'm talking about, just humor me.

Isn't this an adorable cake? I don't think anything will top the famous "Peas in a Pod" cake, but it came in a very close second. I'm a sucker for polka dots.
And the fact that it had the title of our blog and the verse on it made it so incredibly special. You ladies out did yourselves!

After seeing this picture, I was shocked to see just how wide I have become. Must be the horizontal stripes. :)


Norah and Addie B. helping me open some presents. A party is not a party without these 2 ladies.


Among the many great gifts, the Perry's gave us these awesome plates. Aren't they cute!? Another product from Etsy.com! If you've never been to their site, you must check it out.

We are always excited to get any toys that are policeman related. They are so hard to find! This car came from Samantha's parents.


Thank you Meagan, Samantha, and Holly for such a great baby shower! I love surprises! And thank you to everyone who took the time to celebrate with us. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends to share this amazing, exciting time with.

No comments:

Post a Comment