"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Friday, May 14, 2010

Bed Rest

Yesterday I had another doctor's appointment. I knew that my swelling feet and legs had gotten worse, but Dr. Riley has never acted concerned as long as my blood pressure stayed down. The last time I went in, my b.p. was up. Yesterday it was up again. I was surprised when he mentioned moving the date for my c-section up a few days (the 21st). I told him that I wanted to wait until the 24th but we would do whatever needed to be done. Dr. Riley said if we were going to try to make it to the 24th, he wanted to see me on Monday and Thursday. So, we're just waiting to see how things look on Monday.
Part of me is excited at the possibility of meeting our babies a few days early. But I feel like I've prepared myself for the 24th and to think of everything changing is difficult. Not only am I afraid of being mentally unprepared, I am afraid of being unprepared at home. We've gotten so much accomplished these last few weeks since I've been out of school (probably one of the reasons my feet and legs are so swollen), but there is still a lot to do. When I was still going to school everyday, all I wanted for Dr. Riley to say was "you need to stay off your feet and lay down". But I don't think it's going to be easy to stay put.
Please pray for us and our babies. Whatever the Lord thinks is best for our babies is what we want to do. I pray that we will be able to know exactly what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment