"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Peas in a Pod

Saturday Mom and Jessica threw a shower for us. I had so much fun! They worked so hard and everything was perfect, down to the smallest detail. The theme was "Two Peas in a Pod". Jessica made an amazing cake that looked like two baby peas in a pod. She is becoming quite the talented baker/cake decorator. She will definitely have to give me some pointers when our little ones come. :) The food was so yummy, my favorite being the little green mints shaped like peas in pods. They were so cute!
Before the shower, Ethan taped Kyle answering several questions about our babies. At the shower, I was asked the same questions and tried to figure out what Kyle's answers would have been. If I answered correctly, I opened a present. If I got the answer wrong, I had to eat a piece of Double Mint gum. I ended up chewing a lot of gum! But I loved the game! It was so much fun!
No, we did not find out that we are having a boy and a girl...the picture of the boy and girl baskets was just Mom making her prediction as to what they will be when they are born. :)
Thank you to everyone who joined us on Saturday! It meant so much to have everyone together with me to celebrate. Thank you to Mom and Jessica for working so hard to put together such a wonderful shower. And thank you to Meagan for taking such great pictures! You captured the day beautifully.



















Checkout Meagan's website and blog, an extremely talented photographer!
www.mfisherphotography.com

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower!!! You were right about all the little details were covered. I am going to have steal some of those ideas, I have a couple of wedding showers to do this summer!!!

    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the compliments! So excited to meet the two new Hydes!!

    ReplyDelete