"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pink Toes


Yesterday I found a bottle of nail polish that I thought was so pretty and springy. The warm weather has really given me spring fever lately, so this color was perfect. I thought I would paint my toes while I can still reach them and see them. :) I feel like the day that I can't do either is coming quickly! I can't say that I'm too sad about this, considering this will give me an excuse to go and get pedicures when I can't paint them myself...as if I really needed an excuse in the first place!
As I am painting, I am reminded of all the questions and concerns that have come up in these last few months. I feel like I have become the most paranoid person in the world. Are the fumes from this nail polish bothering the babies? Silly I know. But I have discovered there are so many questions that I don't have answers to. Should I eat lunch meat or hotdogs or queso dip? Did I drink enough water today? Did I drink to much caffeine? Are my babies moving enough? How can I not be squishing someone when I lay down? And when I lay down, what is the best position to sleep in? Whoo! And this is just the short list. :) Yes, I could just google these questions, and I do. But I have at times found some really scary things on the internet that really only make me more worried and make me think of more questions. My doctor has told me to stay off the internet as much as I can. But it is just so tempting to have Mr. Google right there at your finger tips. He knows everything...perhaps he knows too much and has too many answers from too many sources.
No matter how many questions I have or how paranoid I get, the truth is I have these two miracles growing inside me...and that's worth all the worrying in the world.
Yesterday on my way to dinner with friends, I was singing in the car and they started to move and kick. So naturally I continued, thinking that they must love the sound of their mother's singing voice. During dinner, we discussed whether the kicking means they like what they hear or they are kicking because they are trying to get their mommy to stop. I like to think it's because they enjoy listening. :)
21 weeks have past and I can't believe it. It has flown by so quickly. I can't wait to meet my babies!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait either! and that photo is pretty awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the photo, it is awesome. Also I think you're right about the singing!

    ReplyDelete