"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Friday, January 8, 2010

The Big Ultrasound








On Monday, we went in for our "big ultrasound". They were able to check the babies size, all their vital organs, etc. They were both very active, moving around a lot and the ultrasound technician was not able to look at everything she wanted to. Even after talking to them and begging them to turn, our babies would not cooperate. "Let me introduce you to The Hyde Family", Kyle explained. :)
But she said that everything she could see looked really good. Both babies are growing at the same rate, both about 8 oz. a piece. Since we don't want to know if they are boys or girls, we had to look away from the screen at times. That was extremely hard (for me at least). Kyle is staying strong and will keep me strong through the next few months. :)
I have been feeling a lot of movement in the last couple of weeks. What an amazing feeling! If only I didn't have to go to work...I could just sit and feel my babies move all day. I've been anxious for Kyle to be able to feel something so we could share the experience together. Yesterday I quickly put his hand on my belly, and he felt a kick! I was surprised because everything I've read so far has said he wouldn't be able to feel anything for a few more weeks. I guess our babies are just over-achievers already. :)
Next ultrasound is Feb. 4th. We can't wait!

6 comments:

  1. So precious!! Congratulations on healthy babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! How exciting :) :) Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love being able to see our precious
    babies everyday. Praying for a happy, healthy
    and cooperative:) Hyde family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YeAy, Molly!! So excited to see the blog! You're doing a great job. The pictures of the kids are breathtaking! Nothing like glimpsing life inside the womb. . . Love you!! Can't wait to see the story of your family unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did they give you a video, Mol?? There's a program called WinSnap that converts video footage into still images. . . You could get LoTs of photos of your kids with that if you're interested!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS: The picture of their heads side by side is priceless. . . How miraculous!! I'm dying to meet them! (you should start posting belly pics soon) ;)

    ReplyDelete