"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Monday, February 15, 2010

My Rock


Kyle...my husband, my support, my rock. This year has not been the easiest year for the two of us. We realize that many couples try for so much longer than we had to, but our experience was pretty heartbreaking. Month after month of disappointment, not knowing what was wrong. Every time he was there. Every time he held me and told me that he loved me. And he told me that, no matter what, we would make it through. And then it was there. That little word we had waited for for so long..."pregnant". Again, he held me and let me cry, this time out of pure joy. He had known all along, had told me that this was it, even before we had taken the test.
He pushes me to be a better person. He challenges me in ways I've never been challenged before. He is my match. My partner. He respects my opinion and makes me feel important. We face life and its challenges together, holding hands the whole way. He makes me laugh until my sides hurt and tears are in my eyes.
Sometimes I can't believe that we get to spend the rest of our lives together, raising these miracles that God has given us. I can't wait for this adventure to start. I can't wait to meet our children. What do they look like? What will their personalities be like? Will they look the same or totally different? This time is going so fast, yet some days it seems to be crawling by.
I can not wait to watch Kyle be a father. I already know he will be amazing. He will continue to be the rock, the head of this family, keeping us all together...just as he keeps me calm and together everyday.

"I'm lost as can be,
then you look at me,
and I am not lost anymore."

1 comment: