"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Saturday, June 12, 2010

It's a Twin Thing

When you are 3 weeks old, most of your time is spent sleeping. Right now I am reading "On Becoming Baby Wise". It has been recommended to me through my pediatrician. One principal in the book states that it is important not to rush right to your baby when he starts to cry in bed, and he will hopefully learn to sooth himself. My first reaction after reading this was, "Yeah right. I have twins. How will that work without one waking the other up?" Over the past few days I have watched as Jack is crying and Caleb will be sleeping soundly only inches away. And this works the same way in reverse. I guess this could be considered one of those "twin things" that Aunt Linda and Aunt Lisa have been telling me about. :)
These past weeks have been a little bit of a blur. Allen described it as feeling like you're living in a bunker or bomb shelter, shut off from the outside world. That's really how it starts to feel. Yesterday, I told Kyle I needed to get out of the house by myself for just an hour or so. I got in the car, rolled down the windows, turned the radio up, and just went for a drive. It was exactly what I needed. It felt so good to be outside.
These first pictures are of our boys sleeping, which is how they spend most of their time. :)






This bib pretty much says it all. Our boys are growing like weeds! Jack is now 7 lbs 8oz. and Caleb is 6lbs. 7oz. We are so proud of how they have grown.

Pictures were posted on the last blog of Jack's first bath at home so I thought I would post some of Caleb's first bath this time. As you can see, he loves it just as much as his brother.


Jack's umbilical cord fell off this week. He is growing up! What's next, college? :)I think he definitely has an outie. I am excited to give him his first real bath. A sponge bath with a slippery baby is not easy!

2 comments:

  1. Molly, all your pics are so cute! I love the one of Daddy asleep in the chair with his son. :) Those little guys seem to be changing every single day! Just precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really enjoyed spending time with you today! Thanks for sharing the joy of your baby boys! These pictures are wonderful. . . You'll be so thankful for this blog months from now when you can venture back to the early days with just the click of a button. Your kids are gorgeous! You guys are pro-parents already. It's so fun watching you and your family evolve! We love you! :)

    ReplyDelete