"Children are a gift from the Lord..." Ps. 127:3


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We Hate Shots

On Monday, Mommy and Daddy took me to get more shots at the doctor. I haven't really been myself lately, just feeling kind of mellow and tired, so getting shots was definitely not on my list of things I wanted to do. As soon as Mommy took my clothes off, I started to remember what happened last time I was there. Then Nurse Ashley came in and she's just so pretty and nice that I totally forgot what was going to happen. She started talking to me about how cute I was and I told her how excited I was about Grandma and Papa coming and then before I knew it...she poked me with a needle...three times! It hurt so much! I felt tricked and I let everyone know. I cried a lot. I hate getting shots. But after I calmed down a little, Dr. Mac came in and said I was really growing and that I was getting to be a big boy. That made me feel a lot better. I am 23" long and I weigh 14 lbs. 5.5 oz.
P.S. I peed on Jack today. It was awesome.

Today, Me and Caleb went in for more shots. Mommy keeps telling me that we have to have our shots so we won't get sick. They sure do hurt! I don't really like it, but if Mommy says they're important, then I believe her. Nurse Ashley was there...she's so pretty. And she's really fast with the needles! I cried for a few seconds, but as soon as Daddy picked me up I was fine. I even smiled at Mommy right away...and Nurse Ashley, of course. Dr. Mac thought I looked VERY healthy and that I'm really growing. I am 24.5" and I weigh 16 lbs. 10 oz. Mommy was surprised that I only weigh 2 more pounds than Caleb. I'm really going to have to eat a lot to stay ahead of him! :)
P.S. We thought of Popi while we were there because Nurse Ashley gave us Charlie Brown band-aids. Popi loves Charlie Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment